We often buy different cleaning solutions for various cleaning procedures. What if we can prepare best cleaning solutions at home without spending any extra money on them? Yes making a baking soda and Vinegar cleaning solutions is very easy and effective for treating many things at home. Everyone has baking soda and vinegar in their kitchen right? Now let’s take a look at 16 best baking soda and vinegar cleaning solutions.
Table of contents
- 1 16 Best Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions
- 1.1 1.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions for Removing Stains from Carpet
- 1.2 2.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions for Cleaning Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
- 1.3 3.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions to Boost Laundry Detergent
- 1.4 4.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions for Nontoxic Bathroom Cleaner
- 1.5 5.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions for Refreshing Fridge
- 1.6 6.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions to Unclog Drains
- 1.7 7.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution for Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- 1.8 8.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Clean Pots and Pans
- 1.9 9.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution for Freshening up Towels
- 1.10 10.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Clean Grout
- 1.11 11.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Clean Washing Machine
- 1.12 12.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution for Dishwasher Cleaner
- 1.13 14.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Wash Hair
- 1.14 15.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Clean Iron
- 1.15 16.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Clean an Oven
16 Best Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions
1.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions for Removing Stains from Carpet
Vinegar is one of the most effective cleaning agents that can help you to remove stains from carpet. Take ½ cup of white vinegar and mix with 2 tablespoons salt. Now rub the light carpet stains using this mixture. Give sometime the solution to dry and then vacuum. If you are removing dark carpet stains, add 2 tablespoons baron to the same mixture. Follow the same cleaning procedure.
2.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions for Cleaning Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Stainless steel kitchen sink gets dirty with regular usage and needs proper cleaning. Here is a cleaning procedure for stainless steel kitchen sink.
- Wet the kitchen sink and sprinkle baking soda on its surface. Scrub it and then rinse.
- Take a soft-bristled toothbrush and apply the same past on the caulk and rim.
- Soak paper towels in white vinegar.Line the kitchen sink using soaked paper towels. Give them 20 minutes of proper cleaning.
- For garbage disposal, take a half cup of baking soda and pour down the drain. Pour a cup of white vinegar after baking soda.
- Now boil a kettle full of water and pour down the boiling water into the drain. Add a cup of rock salt and two cups of ice to the drain.
- Turn on the disposal until it goes down. Now take a lemon or lime and cut it in half. Send each half to the disposal.
- Use vinegar-soaked paper towels and soapy water to clean the faucet.
3.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions to Boost Laundry Detergent
Adding ½ cup of baking soda to a common amount of liquid laundry detergent can boost the cleaning effects. Baking soda has the ability to soften the water which means that you can use less detergent than usual.
Add ½ cup of baking soda to top-loading machines increase the power of bleach which means you can use half amount of the bleach.
4.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions for Nontoxic Bathroom Cleaner
This ideal deep-cleaning cleanser works on any bathroom surface. The cleaning recipe cuts through soap scum and mildew too like commercial bathroom product at very low cost.
Ingredients for Non-Toxic Bathroom Cleaner
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ cup liquid soap
- 1 2/3 cups baking soda
- One cup water
- 1 clean 16-ounce squirt bottle with closing cap
- Mix liquid soap and baking soda in a bowl. Dilute the water by adding vinegar. Now stir the mixture using a fork until the lumps are dissolved. Take a bottle and pour the liquid in it. Always shake well before using the cleaning solution.
- Squirt on the area you want to clean. Use a nylon-backed sponge to scrub it. Rinse off using water and don’t forget to keep a cap on between uses.
5.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions for Refreshing Fridge
Vinegar is more effective and safe cleanser for a refrigerator than baking soda. Take equal parts of water and white vinegar to wash both interior and exterior parts of your fridge such as door gasket, vegetable, and fruit bins. Wash the inside walls and bin interiors with full-power vinegar on a clean cloth to prevent mildew growth. To clean accumulated dust and grime from the top of the refrigerator, use diluted vinegar. Put a baking soda box in the refrigerator to maintain it smelling clean after you are done a cleaning.
6.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solutions to Unclog Drains
Unclogging drains with baking soda and vinegar is probably the most popular way of using these two great cleaning products. Here are simple steps to unclog drains with baking soda and vinegar.
- First of all, use hot water to flush the drain. (you can use boiling water)
- Add ½ cup baking soda to the drain.
- Pour a mixture of 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup hot water down the drain. Bubbles will rise up immediately.
- After the bubbles abate put hot water from the tap down the drain for few minutes.
This cleaning remedy may not be good for every clog but it is a decent solution for gunk and grime buildup.
7.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution for Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Baking soda and vinegar are best cleaners for your toilet. Here is a toilet bowl cleaning procedure.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of baking soda in the toilet.
- Pour ½ cup of vinegar over sprinkled baking soda.
- Let the bubbles subside for 10 minutes.
- Scrub it with a toilet brush.
- Here is your nice shining clean and deodorized toilet bowl.
8.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Clean Pots and Pans
Bunt pans are really a headache when it comes to cleaning. But you can clean the burnt gunk with baking soda and vinegar cleaning solution.
- Fill the burnt pan with a small water layer.
- Add a cup of vinegar to it.
- Bring the pan to the simmer and then remove it from heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to the pan and let the bubbles abate for a while.
- Remove all burnt stains with a scouring pad from the pan.
- Clean Pan is ready to serve you.
9.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution for Freshening up Towels
There are old towels that have lost their fresh and clean smell with excessive usage. Do you know you can freshen up towels with baking soda and vinegar?
- Add ½ cup baking soda instead of regular laundry detergent.
- Add vinegar instead of fabric softener in a rinse cycle.
- Dry as normal and enjoy the brand new freshness of towels.
10.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Clean Grout
The combination of baking soda and vinegar can help you to clean your grout.
- Sprinkle some baking soda in the grout.
- Now spray the vinegar on baking soda.
- Give them some time to react before cleaning.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub the grout.
- Use a rag to remove the dirt.
- Also, don’t forget to dip the toothbrush in a cup of water to rinse in between scrubbing.
11.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Clean Washing Machine
It’s time to clean your washing machine with baking soda and vinegar. It is one simple task to clean your washing machine with baking soda and vinegar.
- Fill the machine with Hot water.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda and run the machine.
- Add vinegar instead of liquid fabric softener when the machine reaches to the rinse cycle. Let the machine run during the process.
- After the load is finished you will have a clean and nice washing machine.
- Use a toothbrush with baking soda to clean the dirty spots.
12.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution for Dishwasher Cleaner
Put 2 cups of vinegar in large measuring cup. Let it sit on the top rack of a dishwasher. Use hot water to run a dishwashing cycle.
- Now sprinkle some baking soda on the bottom of the dishwasher and again run the dishwasher.
- If any spots are left behind, use baking soda on a toothbrush to remove them.
- 13.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution Deodorize the Outside of the Toilet
- Baking soda and vinegar are very effective to deodorize the outside of the toilets.
- Make a paste by combining water and baking soda.
- Rub the paste around the base and sides of the toilet. Don’t forget the surrounding toilet.
- Let the solution sit for 15 minutes and then use a toilet brush for scrubbing.
- Here is your clean and clean deodorized toilet.
14.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Wash Hair
This method is known as “no-poo method. In this method, people wash their hair using baking soda and then condition them with vinegar. Here is a washing procedure.
- Mix 1 cup water with 1 tablespoon baking soda to make a shampoo.
- Apply it to the roots and then wash it.
- Rinse well after washing.
- Add 1 cup of water to 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Apply the mixture to the middle and ends of your hair. Avoid the roots.
15.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Clean Iron
- Make a paste of water and baking soda.
- Rub it over the complete iron (be careful about holes).
- Let the mixture sit on the iron plate.
- Make a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water.
- Add the mixture to water trough on the iron.
- Use a wet rag to clean the front of the iron.
- You can use a toothbrush to reach the trouble areas.
- Run the steam through iron after cleaning until all vinegar and water solution is gone.
- Now fill the water trough with water and run one more steam to remove any remaining of the solution.
16.Baking Soda and Vinegar Cleaning Solution to Clean an Oven
You need following things to clean an oven with baking soda and vinegar.
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Spray Bottle
- Plastic or silicone spatula
- Damp dishcloth
- Rubber gloves
- Remove all things such as pizza stone, oven racks, oven thermometer from the oven.
- Prepare a baking soda paste by mixing ½ cup baking soda and few tablespoons of water in a small bowl.
- Spread the baking soda paste on the interior surfaces of an oven. You can use gloves if the oven is seriously grimy.
- Coat the dirty nooks and crannies well.
- The baking soda turns brown with rubbing.
- Coat the whole oven especially the greasy areas.
- Let the baking soda mixture set overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- Clean the oven racks meanwhile.
- Now take a damp dishcloth and wipe out maximum dried baking soda paste from the oven.
- If needed, you can use plastic or silicone spatula to scrape off the paste.
- Put some vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it on the baking soda residue in the oven. The reaction of baking soda and vinegar will create foam.
- Now take a damp cloth and remove the remaining vinegar and baking soda mixture.
- Keeping doing until the entire baking soda residue is removed.
- You can add more vinegar or water if needed.
- Replace the oven racks and everything else.
- Enjoy the shiny clean and fresh oven.