Stickers are mostly made with adhesive material which is created to be repositioned. However, some stickers are made for permanent sticking which especially leaves unsightly residue behind on glass windows. There are special glass windows cleaners available in the market. But why buy expensive glass windows cleaner when you can remove stickers from glass windows using home remedies. There are many ways for how to remove stickers from glass windows.
Here are six best ways for how to remove stickers from glass windows using home remedies.
1.How to Remove Stickers from Glass Windows with Soap and Hot Water
Soak the glass object and sticker in hot soapy water. Soak it for 30 minutes to soften the vinyl or paper of the sticker. It makes easy for you to remove a sticker from glass windows with your fingers.
- The soap and water help to dissolve the glue and also breaks it bond with the glass windows.
- If it is not possible to soak glass in soapy water then soak a sponge or hot wet washcloth and dampen the sticker area.
- Gently lift the sticker off using your fingers. You can also use a dull knife to remove the sticker from glass windows by gently prying a corner of it. Then wedge the blade between the glass and sticker until it is removed completely.
- Don’t use a sharp knife to remove the sticker. Dull knives don’t scratch the surface of the glass.
- You can also purchase razor scraper specially made to remove such things from surfaces.
2.How to Remove Stickers from Glass Windows with Baking Soda
Baking Soda is known for making countless home remedies for treating problems. Soak the glass object with a sticker in hot soapy water for 30 minutes to soften the vinyl or paper of the sticker. Then you can easily remove the sticker from glass windows using your fingers.
- Soap and water dissolve the glue and break the bond with the glass. If it is not possible to soak glass object in water then soak a sponge or hot wet washcloth and dampen the sticker.
- Remove the sticker with your fingers to remove the sticker. You can also use a dull knife to remove the sticker. Wedge the blade between glass and sticker until is removed completely.
- Don’t use a sharp knife as it can scratch the glass surface. Always use a dull knife for removing stickers from glass windows.
- You can purchase razor scrapper made for removing adhesives from surfaces.
- The sticker may come off easily when treated with hot water and soap.
- Mix equal amounts of cooking oil and baking soda.
- Baking soda is natural, safe and non-toxic to use around children and pets. Baking soda is excellent universal cleaning agent that dissolves and lifts grease and dirt.
- You can use vegetable, canola oil, olive oil or any cooking oil.
- Secure the surfaces you don’t want to damage or clean. Cover such surfaces using paper or cloth and tape them with masking tape to seal them off from paste leakages.
- Protect surfaces like a painted surface, fabric or plastic.
- Baking soda is safe so there are fewer chances of damage if the paste drops on your skin or unwanted surface.
- Rub the oil and baking soda paste on the window glass surface. Let it sit for 15 minutes for best results.
- If the stickers are stubborn to remove then leave the baking soda paste for a night.
- Remove the paste.
- The paper and residue glue should have softened enough for you to scrub or wipe away the sticker cleanly.
- If you want to add extra strength to scrubbing then use sponge such as steel wool or abrasive cloth. Remember don’t scratch the glass surface.
3.How to Remove Stickers from Glass Windows Using Washing Soda
- Fill a sink or bucket with washing soda and hot water.
- Add half cup washing soda to the water. The hot water and washing soda act like a dissolving agent. The solution helps to melt the glue of the sticker to cracker its bond from the window glass surface.
- In order to avoid skin irritating, use gloves when handling it. Washing soda binds well with hard water to make the more abrasive form as compared to washing detergent and baking soda to clean clothing and surfaces.
- Let the objected soaked in a solution for 30 minutes. If stickers are stubborn then soak it for overnight.
- Eliminate the object from the water. Washing soda is stronger alkaline than baking soda. The sticker on the glass will slide off the surface or can easily be removed.
- Don’t forget to rinse the object thoroughly after soaking in a washing soda.
4.How to Remove Stickers from Glass Windows with Heat
This is one of the easiest ways to remove stickers from glass windows. All you need is a blow dryer or sunlight.
- Take a blow dryer and set it to the highest setting. Now dry the sticker for at-least 2 minutes. If you don’t have dryer then place the object in sunlight for few hours. The heat has the ability to melt the adhesive. Remember the sticker must be removed properly as it may harden again after cooling.
- If you want to remove the sticker on the glass window of your car then park it in a sunny place for few hours.
- Heat the plastic or glass with hot water. Wait for a minute. If the sticker is on the flat surface such as a lid, run the hot water on the opposite side of the sticker while peeling it off.
- Remove the sticker
- Lift the sticker off gently with your fingers. Be careful with the surface as it will be red hot. You can also use a dull knife to remove the sticker by prying the corner of the sticker gently.
- Use oil, soap or glue removing agent to get rid of the remaining sticking residue of the stickers.
5.How to Remove Stickers from Glass Windows using Rubbing Alcohol
Put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball, napkin, cotton swab, cloth or a paper towel. The method is comparatively mess-free. It is really handy for those who can’t soak the glass in a water bucket.
Be careful while rubbing alcohol as it is flammable. Never use rubbing alcohol on a heated area or stove. Always choose a well-ventilated space for using rubbing alcohol.
Use Alcohol to Rub the Sticker
- The sticker will come off the surface or you have to repeat the process to remove the sticker from glass windows completely.
- Rubbing alcohol is a cleaning agent or solvent that dissolves other substances like sticky glue on stickers.
- It dries immediately so you can use it to clean electrical things without any risks.
6.How to Remove Stickers from Glass Windows using WD-40
Secure surfaces and yourself from damages. WD-40 is a strong dissolvent which dissolves sticky material but it is also an excellent chemical solution. Prevent yourself, fabrics and also the glass surface.
- Spray WD-40 on the Sticker
- Spray WD-40 on a neat cloth and wipe on the sticker to avoid getting it on the glass.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands.
- Use a clean washcloth to wipe the sticker away.
- The sticker will be removed with a little scrubbing. You may need a full knife or razor scraper to remove particularly stubborn stickers.