If your iron is putting burnt marks on the clothes or you notice residue on the soleplate, it’s time to remove the dirt. There are tons of cleaning commercial products made to clean household items, especially iron. There are also other ways to clean your iron plate. You can make perfect cleaning solutions for iron plate using baking soda, salt, vinegar, dish soap, and toothpaste. Let’s take a look at some of the best ways on how to remove burn marks from iron plate.
Table of contents
- 1 1.How to Remove Burn Marks from Iron Plate with Vinegar and Salt
1.How to Remove Burn Marks from Iron Plate with Vinegar and Salt
Make Vinegar and Salt Solution
- Put a salt with vinegar in a pan and place it on the stove. Heat it until salt dissolves properly. Remove the pan from the stove before the vinegar starts boiling.
- Take a pair of clean dishwashing gloves to protect hands from the hot cleaning solution. Dip a clean rag in a prepared vinegar and salt solution.
- Rub the soleplate of the iron gently to remove dirt from it. Also, scrub the steam vents of an iron plate to remove possible build-ups.
- The vinegar and salt cleaning solution can also remove burn marks from iron soleplate.
- You can also use kitchen sponge or scrubber instead of a rag.
2.How to Remove Burn Marks from Iron Plate with Baking Soda
Make a Baking Soda and Water Solution
Take two tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of water. Mix them in a small bowl properly to make a paste.
Focus on a strong build up areas especially. Don’t forget to coat the steam vents.
Scrub more on the tenacious spots. Wipe until no paste remains and all build-ups are removed.
Use cotton swabs to clean the steam vents. Dip a cotton swab into the water and put it in steam holes. Rub it to remove the paste and mineral deposits.
Bring the iron to sink after cleaning the vents. Now pour out the water may have entered into the steam holes.
Don’t use paper clips or any other hard metal item as they can scratch steam vents of iron.
Now fill the iron with water and take any cloth to iron. Choose an old cloth as some tenacious residues can stain it. Turn on the iron to highest setting and iron for several minutes. The clean water will remove the remaining deposits.
Pour the remaining water into the sink and let the iron dry.
3.How to Remove Burn Marks from Iron Plate with Dish Soap
Mix mild dish soap with warm water in a bowl. Take a cotton rag and dip it in a solution. Now clean the iron plate with it. Do scrub the steam vents too. You can also clean the rest of the iron to remove any grime.
Dampen a cloth with water and clean the iron. Clean until all the soap traces are removed. Now place the iron on a table or counter and let it dry.
4.How to Remove Burn Marks from Iron Plate with Toothpaste
Take white toothpaste and put a small amount on the iron soleplate. Scrub it with rag all over the plate. Also, pay attention to the steam vents. In case the iron soleplate is dirty, you can use scrubber or kitchen sponge to remove the grime. Don’t use metal scrubber as it can scratch the soleplate.
Remove the toothpaste using a damp cloth. Carefully remove all the toothpaste as it can stain clothes while ironing.