Vinegar is an excellent tool to easily remove discoloration and dirt from discolored or foggy headlights. You can remove surface grime and dirt by spraying or washing the headlights with vinegar. If your headlights become yellow, hazy or foggy, you can use vinegar and baking soda mixture to clean it. You can also use vinegar wax to clean your headlights. Here are some easy, effective and best ways for how to clean foggy headlights with vinegar.
1.How to Clean Foggy Headlights with Vinegar
First of all, make a mixture of vinegar and water. Take one part of white vinegar with three parts of water. For instance, you can also mix one cup of vinegar with three cups of water. You can use this vinegar solution to clean car windows.
- Take an empty bottle and put vinegar and water in it. Spray this vinegar solution on the headlight cover. Make sure to completely cover the headlight with the mixture. Let it soak for few minutes to loosen the dirt.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe away the solution from the headlight. It will remove visible dirt, bugs and other grime from the surface. Make small circular motions to reduce streaks. Though most of the dirt will be removed easily if there is any left, scrub it a little more.
- Repeat the process if the headlights are not clear to achieve desired results.
2.How to Clean Foggy Headlights with Vinegar and Baking Soda
- Take a measuring bowl and mix on part of baking soda with two parts of white vinegar. These two substances will begin to create foam.
- For instance, you can also use two tablespoons baking soda and four tablespoons vinegar. Add more or less according to your need.
- Take a clean cloth and dip it in a vinegar and baking soda solution. Rub the wet cloth onto the headlight. Rub it on the entire headlight including the edges. Try to make small circular motions to spread the mixture perfectly.
- Remove the solution with the clean water. If the baking soda is left on the headlight, it will leave a white haze on the headlight. Rinse until the headlight is clean and sparkling. After clearing it, wipe it dry with paper towel or clean cloth.
- You can use a sponge to rinse the headlight. Soak the sponge water in water and wipe away the baking soda. Soak it again if needed to remove the baking soda completely.
You can also use a spray bottle with water to rinse it. Spray the headlight and wipe the water away to completely remove the baking soda.
- If the yellow discoloration is still present, repeat the process. Apply the solution again to the headlight. Scrub and rinse to clean the headlights perfectly.
3.How to Clean Foggy Headlights with Vinegar Wax
- Mix a half cup of apple cider vinegar, two tablespoons of beeswax, four tablespoons of carnauba wax and one cup linseed oil. Put all the ingredients over the boiling water by using a double boiler.
- Now heat the wax and stir it until the waxes melt.
- You can buy carnauba wax at nearby auto stores.
- You can also use clean tin can if you don’t have a double boiler. Set the tin can in the pot’s middle of boiling water.
- After melting the waxes perfectly, pour the wax into a different container like a Pyrex measuring cup or a jar. Give wax sometime to cool until it is solid. After the wax is solid, now it is time to use it.
- You can save the cooled wax for later by using a container with a lid.
- Scoop the cooled wax using a clean cloth. Apply the wax to the headlights. Apply it with small circular motions.
- Buff off the wax using a different cloth. Make sure not to leave any residue behind. Polished and sparkling headlights are ready to use.