When it comes to cleaning your house, nothing can beat the natural alternatives. Most people use traditional and artificial cleaners for cleaning their house, little do they know that everyday thing available in their kitchen are enough for the daily cleaning. Usually, artificial cleaning material cost you some amount and may have some effects on your cleaning surface. Cleaning the toilet bowl is one of the most disgusting and difficult parts of daily house cleaning because no matter how hard you try those little skid mark would remain forever. The artificial cleaner may be helpful in getting rid of that skid mark but most of them may also dissolve the enamel coating from your toilet, giving your toilet a bad look. Here are best ways for how to clean toilet with vinegar and baking soda.
Table of contents
How to Clean Toilet with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Natural cleaners like baking soda which is commonly found in your everyday kitchen is a cleaning agent which can be used in addition to other substances such as vinegar to clean off dirt from walls and other surfaces of your house. A little baking soda which also known as sodium bicarbonate can remove the dirt off and if you are trying to remove some harsh stains like the skid marks on your toilet bowl then add a little vinegar to it, this will result in carbonic acid which is a corrosive agent thus, tougher on the stains.
Clean Toilet with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Following easy steps can make your toilet cleaning a lot easier and effective are as follows:
- First get the baking soda which is most of the time in your kitchen.
- Second, sprinkle a little baking soda in your toilet bowl and wait till it is well settled.
- Thirdly, Pour vinegar into the toilet bowl moistening the baking soda and making fizz.
- Lastly, scrub your toilet well and flush down all the baking soda and vinegar.
In result, you would have a sparkling toilet bowl which was easy to clean. As baking soda and vinegar are natural you don’t need to worry about any breakage of the enamel of your toilet bowl. You get a clean toilet in the cheapest way and all the material used is available daily in your household. Using this homemade solution you would have a lot of advantages over the traditional artificial cleaning solutions which are as follows:
Clean Toilet with Vinegar and Baking Soda- The Advantages
Sodium bicarbonate is a natural product used for baking so for the environment it friendly. It makes it safe to use in your house and for the environment. Some artificial cleaner contains harmful substances that might affect the environment and are not safe to keep in your house especially if you have children in the house.
Non-toxic and Affordable
Baking soda and vinegar are usually in the daily kitchen are much less in price than the artificial cleaners available. Baking soda is not toxic which makes it safe to keep in the daily kitchen. Unlike the artificial cleaner which may contain various toxic elements. Especially children have the habit of putting stuff in their mouth are usually prone to get poisoned by these substances so if you are using these products please be careful and keep them away from the children.
This solution not only cleans your toilet but can also unclog drains and toilet. Some simple steps to follow and you can unclog drain or toilet simply.
- First, put some baking soda into the drain and let it settle.
- Second, pour some vinegar into the drain. Wait for 10 to 20 minutes so that the solution can settle down.
- Lastly, flush with hot water and you would have clean, unclogged drain or toilet in minutes. Forget the plunger and the excruciating work that you have to put in unclogging. This solution can make your job simple.
- Baking soda is usually pleasant smelling and non-toxic but if you want your toilet to smell better then to add a little aroma you can always improvise and add a dash of lemon juice into the solution, this would give you a pleasant smelling and clean toilet in minutes without all the hard work that you have to usually put in.
In short, baking soda can make the job of cleaning your toilet a lot easier. It has multiple jobs like removing some dirt off the walls, stain on your cookware, tiles and even shower doors. To remove a hard stain from a toilet bowl, sprinkle some baking soda into the toilet bowl and let it settle down. Then pour a small amount of vinegar to moisten the baking soda. After that scrub the surface of your toilet bowl and flush it away. There you have a clean and pleasant smelling toilet in minutes.
Baking soda can also unclog the drain and toilet. Pour this solution into the blocked drain or toilet and wait for 10 to 20 minutes. It also depends on the blockage of the drain. Then simply, flush it down with hot water and you would have an unclogged drain or toilet in minutes. Forget all the tiring hard work you have to put in for cleaning and unclogging the toilet. This vinegar and baking solution can make your job a lot easier and effective.